Friday, January 7, 2011

Carter, Poor Carter

Well on Monday we went to Pizza Putt and played in their play land with some of our friends. The kids were playing in the pit that has lots of balls to jump in. Boston was laying down and Carter ran and jumped and landed with his elbow on Boston's head. Now when Carter usually gets hurt he will cry for a second and then be back playing. I heard a cry that I have not heard before and so I crawled in and got the boys out and checked them over. Boston was fine didn't even cry. Carter was crying that his elbow hurt. I looked and it was already swollen. So I tried to calm him down and then we went to the hospital and I had Will look at it and he said we should get it checked out. We went to the ER and waited and waited. They asked us about his bruised eyes too. I thought in the last three weeks this kids has been through it. He slid under a car, had his head glued shut, had black eyes, then Boston hit his eye with the TV remote, Boston then hit his lip with a train and now this.
They did an x-ray and said there was no fracture he just bruised it.
I knew it really hurt him because the first few days without the sling he was holding his arm with his other hand. After 4 days he is started to use it a little. He can't put any pressure on it and he can't straiten it yet. Through it all he has had a smile. We love you Carter.
I hope this is not a glimpse of what this year is going to be like.






2 comments:

Nova said...

Will you quite beating that poor boy! :)

Chalen said...

I feel your pain. It took forever to get Eliza to move her arm again after she broke it. And right as she started to move it, she broke her wrist. In between she chipped two of her front teerh on Ethan's head while jumping on the tramp. I'm getting her some bubble wrap, maybe I'll send some your way.