Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Coupons!!!!

So I have always wanted to really get into coupons, but I have never really got it. Well a few weeks ago I watched a TLC special on coupons and they were saving a butt load of money and it inspired me to really do it. I talked to my really good friend Trisha who does really well in couponing. She taught me a few tricks and gave me some really good sites to look at and I was on my way. So and have been keeping an eye on the Sunday paper and websites and today I finally went out for a shopping trip. All of this would have cost $59. 84, but with coupons and store deals I got it all for $26. 22. I know I'm not great at it yet, but I think that I did pretty good. I can't wait till my next shopping trip.

3 comments:

Mrs. Vanna Z said...

Way to go!

I loved Price Chopper because they doubled the coupons.

(Careful...I bought stuff with coupons that I still haven't used: some cleaning products and cheap razors. There is a fine balance in couponing: buying the things that you need, not just things that are on sale that have a coupon, that you have no need for. (I became addicted, and realized I was spending more money with coupons, than just doing my basic shopping! HA!)

Annette said...

How funny..... I have just been doing the same thing! I am trying to get into couponing.
What are the best websites?

Our little girl is expensive! So we are trying to adjust our budget :)

I'd love to hear any tips you have.

Troy and Mindi said...

Ok, maybe i need you to teach me.