Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My little episode

 September 14, 2012
Well for the last few days my stomach hurt really bad and I was the couch with a hot pad feeling very uncomfortable.  I had thrown up a few times but nothing to bad.  After a few days had gone by and nothing was getting better I waited until Will got home from work and then I told him to take me in to Urgent Care.  We had some wonderful friends come over and watch our kids for us while we were gone. 
When I got to Urgent Care we told the doctor what had been going on and he felt around on my belly and said you need to go up to the ER because I think its your appendix.  So we got back into the car and went up to the ER and got right in.  They did a CT scan and saw that my appendix was enlarged.  So the surgeon came down and told us we could wait or take it out now.  I told him to take it out NOW!  They gave me some medicine that made me sick but helped with the pain.  The last thing I remember was saying goodbye to Will and then they told me to uncross me legs.  I woke up a few hours later with a itchy throat and pain.  Will had stayed the whole time and it was about 2 am so he went home to relieve our friend and I slept.  The Hospital stay was great except I did have one nurse who busted in my room while I was fast asleep with drugs and told me I had to walk to the bathroom without help.  I was in pain and so upset that she didn't help me.  I made it to the bathroom and back to bed and was in more pain.  Every time I got up to walk around I would get sick.  Will and Boston came up to see me and to take me home.  It was so nice to get back home. A few days later Will left to go work in Pocatello, ID.  He had this trip already planned and he was about to back out of it but I told him to go, cause I would be feeling better in a few days anyway.  So the first few days while he was away my wonderful friends and Visiting Teachers came and took all the kids to church and then on Monday I got the kids on the bus and one of my friends took Boston all day!  So I slept and did nothing.  Each day I got better and better, and I tried to walk as much as I could to get better faster.
I know this is not a great picture of me, but this was a picture of me when I got home.  I was swollen and bloated with air they put in I had to send this to Will to show him. 

 My big belly with my 3 incisions
 Boston was such a good helper, we really didn't move from the coach and this is where he took a nap. 
 The next Sunday I was able to go to church and so I took this picture to send to Will to show him we went and we were dressed. 
This is a week after my surgery, its amazing how much my stomach went down.  I am glad that everything went well and I have healed. 

1 comments:

Marcy and Isaac said...

I can't believe that happened, but I am so glad you are doing better. You and the kids always seem to have so much fun.