Friday, March 8, 2013

Roller Derby

 October 29, 2012
One of my good friends Sam talked me into going to Roller Derby class.  I have not been on roller skates since I don't know when, so I was a little scared going.  I didn't have any of my own pads or helmet so I had to borrow some that they had there at practice which were very... stinky!  I did get my own mouth guard though.  After the first class I did end up getting my own stuff because I thought it was something I would like to continue doing.  It was at a great time it was at from 9 to 11 at night so Will was always home.  At the class they taught us how to do many different kinds of stops and slides and the basic about roller derby.  It was a lot of fun and all the girls there were so nice and willing to help in anyway.  I did not get a name or anything because you have to take a test at the end and show them that you could get int he ring with the other girls and not hurt your self or others.  You also had to show them all the things you learned in class which was a lot.  I had a lot of fun!  I only fell once at my 3rd time going right on my butt, it hurt so bad.  I had to take a break for a while because I think I broke my tail bone.  It was very very painful!  I was a little bit more cautious the next time I went.


0 comments: